Eating Disorder Support Group
Wednesdays from 7:00 - 8:00pm
FREE to those suffering from eating disorders.
(Donations are accepted to cover the cost of materials)
Staying Connected During the Coronavirus Crisis
We understand the importance of group support and are navigating a way to stay connected as a recovery community. We are committed to offering each other support for Eating Disorder recovery under this stress-filled environment, when many of us feel even more vulnerable. Therefore, we are continuing to facilitate our weekly drop-in ED Support Group, now via Zoom video Conference. Join us on Wednesday nights from 7-8 p.m. using the button below.
What you can expect from this group:
- Share your experience in a safe and supportive environment
- Gain strength and wisdom from others who have “been there”
- Cultivate resiliency and emotional tolerance
- Develop effective recovery tools
- Learn to listen to your body
- Observe your patterns, attitudes, and identify your triggers
- Honoring self-care
The eating disorder support group is facilitated by associates of The New Beginnings Center, who are supervised by Susan Richter, LMFT, CEDS, SEP #19108 and Sean Baker, LMFT, SEP #36547.
For more information, please leave a message at (805) 987-3162.
Eating Disorders are serious medical and psychological conditions, which can lead to lifelong problems and/or death. Finding help and support is an important part of overcoming these illnesses.